Swoop Airline Partnership Travel Agent Familiarization Tour
September 19-23, 2022
In partnership with Swoop Airlines and Tourism Hamilton, Hamilton Halton Brant Regional Tourism Association (HHBRTA) hosted a 4-Day/3-Night Familiarization Tour. Featuring Hamilton and Halton where each tour day highlighted trade-ready experiences for the retail travel agents in the Edmonton market.
Focused specifically on Swoop Airlines air routes, Edmonton is a core market for inbound flights to John C. Munro International Airport (YHM). HHBRTA has identified the value of destination appeal, building a strong base of tourism demand and products that are attractive to the markets we serve. It is essential that our region’s business development model includes the potential to build a regional hub for inbound leisure travellers.
Our role is to expand our thinking beyond the drive visitor and align with our hub airport, while continually developing our destination to appeal to an audience seeking a new destination (or re-introducing a familiar one) - that encourages visitors to stay longer, extending experiences beyond just Hamilton.
Unique Value Proposition
- Showcasing Hamilton high-impact attractions, and beyond Hamilton – Halton Region
- Working with Trade-Ready tourism providers for both group and FIT audiences
- Highlighting our expert-led experiences and unique location between Toronto and Niagara Falls
- Featuring only some of our best-bets, emphasizing immersive experiences and the significance of each attraction in The Heart of Ontario
- Proving our ability to be experts in making them feel welcome and valued
- Illustrating the potential to sell our region and route accessibility with Swoop Airlines and other carriers with air lift to YHM
- Featuring the ease of travel at YHM, including ground transportation and car rental options upon arrival
- 8 Travel Agent Participants from Edmonton market, exclusively (11 secured – 3 cancelled last minute due to COVID related illnesses)
- Each Travel Agent went away with new product and experience ideas to share with their clients, and rapport building with Tourism Hamilton, Hamilton Halton Brant (The Heart of Ontario) and Swoop Airlines Inc.
- 14 Sub-Regional Tourism Business featured product offers and experiences
- 3 DMO Partners Engaged
- Spectacular Dining Experiences providing ample opportunity for relationship building and networking – Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum Dinner at the Avro Lancaster; The Pearle Hotel & Spa chef-appointed dining at Isabelle’s Restaurant; Pie Box Picnic Lunch at Andrew’s Farm and Market; and Rock Garden chef-inspired lunch at Royal Botanical Gardens
- Developing a Travel Trade Itinerary Toolkit with access to each partner’s contact
HHBRTA wants to thank our participating business operators for your enthusiasm and willingness to roll out the carpet to showcase our amazing and must-experience destination.
For more information about Trade-Ready B2B and Product Development, contact Bev Scott, Manager, Business and Visitor Experiences Development firstname.lastname@example.org