Wake Up The Wild
African Lion Safari is a wildlife park located in the City of Hamilton and is a demand generator for Hamilton Halton Brant. Home to over a 1,000 exotic birds and animals who roam free throughout the Game Reserves, Wake up the Wild! is an exclusive offering that was developed in 2017 with support from the Heart of Ontario to give a VIP experience to visitors looking to get even closer!
“Wake up the Wild!” is a behind the scenes privately guided tour with a Game Warden to witness a pride of African lions at their most active time of the day. Observe as they devour their morning feast and catch the cheetah sprint for their first meal of the day! Then go off road in a rugged “open air” truck on an incredible tour of the African savannah where you will experience an exclusive, close view of the shimmering stripes of grazing zebra; hear the thunder of rhino walking by, come within meters of the ostrich and hand feed the largest herd of giraffe!
The full tour includes:
- Admission to African Lion Safari for the day.
- Access to the park before it opens to the public.
- Witnessing a pride of lions at their most active time of the day – walking, running, devouring their morning meal.
- An exclusive 1 ½ hour, guided tour aboard Safari Tour Bus & an “open-air” truck, come within meters of the endangered rhino, zebra and ostrich
- Hand feeding Canada’s largest herd of giraffe
- Exclusive photography opportunities.
- A personal guide by an expert Game Warden
Working in support with Hamilton Halton Brant Regional Tourism Association, Wake up the Wild! has been recognized as an Ontario Signature Experience in 2018. Wake up the Wild is not available anywhere else in Canada! Advanced Registration Required.